Saturday, October 24, 2009

Imprison Here, Release Here

Transferring terrorist prisoners to the U.S. means setting them free here, too.

by Andrew C. McCarthy - October 23rd, 2009 - National Review Online

If Guantanamo Bay is closed, scores of trained jihadists, committed to killing Americans, will be released to dwell among us: It is that simple.

President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder contend that America’s civilian federal prisons are secure. Our “supermaxes,” they insist, are up to the task of confining the most lethal terrorists. Even if that were true (and history shows it is not), the argument is the most hollow of strawmen. These terrorists are not going to escape — they are going to walk right out the prison gates. They are going to be freed by a perverse new legal system, an ad hoc creation of progressive federal judges, assisted mightily by an Obama Justice Department rife with lawyers whose former firms and institutions spent the last eight years representing America’s enemies.

I am so distressed at this article that all I can do is post it. My thoughts about this are unfortunately so filled with rage that I do not wish to write them for public consumption while the rage still fills my soul. I will update this later this weekend after I have had time to cool down. However I will say one thing now. Blood in the streets is coming. Lots of blood. America will not go down without a fight.

After further thought, I am not sure I will ever be calm enough to respond to the insanity in this article. I will leave my original thoughts as I expressed them. This is outrageous. Enough said.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home